Reiki is a non-intrusive complementary therapy: a hands-on healing technique. Reiki enhances the body's own innate ability to heal itself on all levels.
The predominate form of Reiki practised throughout the world today, was created by Dr. Mikao Usui in the early 20th century to manage symptoms and improve general wellbeing.
Benefits of Reiki include the following:
• Helps to increase energy and reduce stress
• Promotes relaxation and clarity of mind
• Assists with relief of physical pain
• Encourages healing after surgery
• Complements conventional medicine
The practitioner follows a sequence of hand positions over the body and channels energy through the client. Many people reach a deeply relaxed state.